Senate Transportation Committee
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Room 8E-A, 10:00am
- S.B. 1032 (Yaw): An Act amending Title 75 (Vehicles) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in miscellaneous provisions, providing for protection of children from second-hand smoke in vehicles; and imposing a penalty.
- H.B. 970, Amended (Causer): An Act amending Title 75 (Vehicles) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles, further providing for restricted account, for Snowmobile and ATV Advisory Committee, for operation on private or State property, for operation by persons under age sixteen, for mufflers and noise control and for enforcement personnel and procedures.
- H.B. 1200 (Taylor): An Act amending the act of March 26, 1903 (P.L.71, No.71), entitled “An act relating to the location, construction and maintenance of viaducts and bridges in cities and adjacent territory; empowering the several cities of this Commonwealth to construct, or have constructed, bridges or viaducts over rivers, creeks, streams, railroads and private lands, or over and across any of them, for public highways, and to procure locations therefor by purchase or condemnation proceedings, whether the same be wholly within, or partly within and partly without, the city limits; authorizing said cities to unite and enter into a contract or contracts with the county commissioners of the proper county, and with railroad, street railway, and other companies and parties interested, or with any of them, for the erection, construction and maintenance of said viaducts and bridges, and for the payment of the damages caused by their location and erection; and forbidding any railroad company to pass under any such viaduct or bridge, without contributing to the cost of maintenance thereof,” repealing provisions relating to contracts with railroads for maintenance of viaducts and bridges.
- S.B. 1153 (Vogel): An Act designating a portion of State Routes 108 and 551 in Lawrence County as the Battery B Memorial Highway.
- H.B. 1407 (Everett): An Act designating a bridge on State Route 2014 over the Muncy Creek in Muncy Creek Township, Lycoming County, as the Private Walter L. Smith Spanish-American War Memorial Bridge; and designating a portion of State Route 2044 in Lycoming County as the Lance Corporal William F. Merrill Vietnam Veterans Highway.
- H.B. 1709 (Caltagirone): An Act designating the bridge carrying State Route 2005 (Business Route 222) over the Schuylkill River, Riverfront Drive and Norfolk Southern Railroad in the City of Reading, Berks County, commonly referred to as the Bingaman Street Bridge, as the 65th U.S. Infantry Regiment, Borinqueneers Memorial Bridge.